PFS-HKS Strong-Wall Site-Built Single-Wall Portal Kit
The PFS single-wall portal frame kit provides all the necessary hardware to build a single-wall portal frame system to meet code-required wall-bracing requirements with narrow wall widths. Simple and quick to install, the PFS is a cost-effective alternative to IRC braced-wall solutions.
- Narrow wall width — allows builders to maintain narrow return and Designers to maximize portal openings
- Easy to assemble — saves time for the installer and increases the confidence of the specifier that it will be installed properly
- Cost effective — site-built portal frames are less expensive than prefabricated shearwalls or moment frames
- Equivalent wall length — Designers need as much equivalent wall length as possible to economically design structures
- (2) Holdown assemblies
- (2) Composite standoff bases*
- (5) Moment connection straps
- (1) Adjustable post base (ABW44Z)
- (33) SDW22300 truss-ply screws
- (8) SD9112 Connector screws
- (1) 6-lobe T40 driver bit
- (1) Installation instructions (T-L-PFSHWIN19)
*Extra composite standoff bases included. Use only the base that corresponds to the column width and discard extra base(s).